Expunge Possession of Alcohol in North Carolina
NCGS § 15A-145. Expunge misdemeanor possession of alcohol pursuant to G.S. 18B-302(b)(1) for first offenders under 21
Any person who is guilty of misdemeanor possession of alcohol pursuant to G.S. 18B-302(b)(1), and the offense was committed before they turned 21, may file for expungement of the charge.
- When can I file this petition? A person must wait to file this expungement until the later of (1) two years after the date of the conviction, or (2) the completion of any probation.
- Will other convictions affect me? A person must not have any other convictions (other than minor traffic violations).
- Will a prior expungement affect me? No, a prior expungement will not prevent you from getting another expungement under this statute.
- Are there additional filing requirements? Yes, there are a few affidavits that must be filed with expungement petition.
- Is there a filing fee? Yes, there is a $175 filing fee.