Expunge Toxic Vapor Charges in North Carolina
15A-145.3. Expunction of records for first offenders under 22 at the time of the offense of certain toxic vapors offenses.
Any person who has been charged with inhaling or possessing toxic vapor substance in violation of G.S. Ch. 90, Art. 5A AND has had the charges dismissed pursuant to 90-113.14(a), and the offense was committed before they turned 22, may file for expungement of the charge.
- When can I file this petition? A person must wait to file this expungement until the later of (1) two years after the date of the conviction, or (2) the completion of any probation.
- Will other convictions affect me? A person must not have any other convictions (other than minor traffic violations).
- Will a prior expungement affect me? No, a prior expungement will not prevent you from getting another expungement under this statute.
- Are there additional filing requirements? Yes, there are a few affidavits that must be filed with expungement petition.
- Is there a filing fee? Yes, there is a $175 filing fee.